Monday, February 20, 2006

New Look. New Name?

I just updated the weblog template, swtiching out one of the built-in Blogger looks for this style named "Beckett" courtesy of Blogger Templates. Let me know if it's an improvement or if I made a horrid mistake! (Those of you reading via an aggregator might want to surf over just to have a look.)

Also, taking a cue from my buddy Jim I'm considering changing this weblog's name. "Rick's Boardgame Blog" is descriptive, but not terribly catchy. (And there are a lot of Ricks out there.)

If you've got any suggestions, feel free to post it in the comments or email me at dreamNOSPAMweaver7@gmail.com. (Take out the NOSPAM of course.) If I use your suggestion I'll give you due credit, and 5 shiny Geekgold if you're a BGG denizen.

7 comments:

Coldfoot said...

Wow! What a change! I think I like it--very classy. The grey lettering is a *little* hard to read against the black but not too bad.

ekted said...

Name idea: "Crazy like a Fawkes"

Coldfoot said...

Fawkes Talks Boardgames. If alliteration doesn't work, go with a rhyme. :)

Anonymous said...

Overall, I like the new look. I definitely like it a lot more than your old theme. However, while it's not a problem for me, the grey text on grey background setup is bound to be a big problem for anyone with colourblindness.

As for the name, I'll have to get back to you.

Rick said...

Thanks for the comments!

I think that I'll see if I can up the font size a bit. Seems on the small side. Will also fiddle with the grey-on-black thing to make it stand out more.

The comments could use a line in between each one or something. Will see what I can do about it.

Anonymous said...

My css-fu is only so-so, but if you need a hand, let me know, and I'll do what I can to help out. As long as it's just minor tweaks I should be able to manage it.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I can barely read the site any more. The grey-on-black scheme, combined with the font size, is too much for my aging 34-year-old eyes.